Plan Your Weekend in Key Largo
- Key Largo Downtown Hotels, Hotels to the North, and Hotels to the South from the Key Largo Downtown Association
- Directory of Key Largo Hotels, Motels, and Resorts from the Monroe County Tourist Development Council
- Key Largo Hotels at TripAdvisor
Fly into MIA – Miami International Airport (~1 hr away) or FLL – Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (~2 hrs away)
Keys Shuttle provides transportation from the airports to Key Largo.
From The Monroe County Tourist Development Council: “Experienced boaters can reach Key Largo by navigating carefully along the Atlantic side of the Keys or by traveling through the Intracoastal Waterway. Consult the appropriate Coast Pilot and Light List manuals. Marinas are waiting to play host to you, but make reservations ahead.”
Amtrak takes you as far south as Miami, where you can transfer to the Keys Shuttle bus discussed above. Amtrak phone number: 1-800-USARAIL.
Greyhound Bus Lines goes to Key Largo.
Key Largo Travel Planning page from the Monroe County Tourist Development Council
Get driving directions from Google Maps:
Car Rentals in Key Largo on Google
List of Boat Rental and Charter Services in Key Largo from the Key Largo Downtown Association
Meals and Dining
- Key Largo Dining Options from the Key Largo Downtown Association
- Best Key Largo Restaurants from TripAdvisor
- Key Largo Restaurants on Google
Top Things to Do in Key Largo from TripAdvisor
Beach and Ocean
- List of Key Largo Boat Rental and Charter Services from the Key Largo Downtown Association
- Key Largo Beaches, Parks, and Places of Interest (with contact info) from the Monroe County Tourist Development Council
- Top Key Largo Beaches (with descriptions) from HomeAway
- Everglades National Park – “America’s Everglades – The largest subtropical wilderness in the United States Everglades National Park protects an unparalleled landscape that provides important habitat for numerous rare and endangered species like the manatee, American crocodile, and the elusive Florida panther. An international treasure as well – a World Heritage Site, International Biosphere Reserve, a Wetland of International Importance, and a specially protected areas under the Cartagena Treaty.”
- Biscayne National Park – “Within sight of downtown Miami, yet worlds away, Biscayne protects a rare combination of aquamarine waters, emerald islands, and fish-bejeweled coral reefs. Here too is evidence of 10,000 years of human history, from pirates and shipwrecks to pineapple farmers and presidents. Outdoors enthusiasts can boat, snorkel, camp, watch wildlife…or simply relax in a rocking chair gazing out over the bay.”
- Dry Tortugas National Park – “Made up of seven small islands, it is one of the world’s most unique eco-attractions. Its crown jewel, the historic Fort Jefferson, was once used as a prison during the Civil War. Explore and learn of its history with one of our guides and enjoy an array of activities. There’s something for everyone!”
- Key Largo Entertainment Options from Key Largo Downtown Association
- Top 10 Things to Do in Key Largo from TripAdvisor
- B & B Tavernier Cinema 5 Movie Theater
The southernmost city in the United States, the largest island in the Florida Keys, and our friendly arch-nemesis, Key West is also an official cruise port.